Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm Back







OK. So I have been away for a while and have not blogged at all. But now I am back and ready to blog again.

I have recently finished college and entered into this whole "real" world thing and there is one thing for sure...I am going to get real fat if I stay sitting in this chair. The paycheck is wonderful, but paying bills is not. However, I think I will be able to adjust to this new life style of responsibility and living because I have a wife who is amazing.

Yes, that is correct. I have recently been married and it is awesome! I enjoy being able to come home everyday and see the girl that I had to say goodbye to so many times before. She is amazing and I am so glad that God has placed her in my life.

Well, this blog is going to seem spotty, but it is because that is how I feel right now. My mind is everywhere! I have been reading a new book called The New Friars by Scott Bessenecker. It is an amazing piece of literature. It talks about people giving up their American Dream and their comforts to go and live in slum communities around the world. To go and care for people there, share with them, provide for them, work beside them, and just be there for them, showing the love of Christ.

I wonder many times what it would look like for me to give up what I have now and go to live in a slum community. These communities are the ones that sit above garbage dumps, channels of sewage, and polluted stagnant water. This was where Christ worked, this where he spent much of his time. With the majority of the people....who are actually poor and probably never had a Starbucks.

- Peace

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I'm glad you're back. I never read your blog before you left so this all just new to me! I like being updated on people's lives...so keep me updated!